MUSICLAB REALGUITAR 2L GUIDE
Acoustic rhythm guitar parts aren’t easily played from a keyboard. Guitaristic chord voicings can be finger busters when laid out on a keyboard, to say nothing of the nuances of tone and articulation that most sampled guitars lack. MusicLab’s RealGuitar 2L is a sample-based software instrument that does an impressive job of creating guitar parts and adds clever new techniques for triggering performances from your MIDI keyboard. The true power of RealGuitar lies in 3 brand new technologies incorporated in this innovative guitar performance tool.
New multi-channel layering technology, incorporating a custom library of specially recorded samples taken from every fret of all 6 strings of a real guitar. The unique Floating Fret Position technology, which imitates change of fret position of a guitarist’s hand on the neck. This gives you the possibility of playing on up to 104 guitar frets using just 43 keys of a standard keyboard!
Our original Guitar Touch technology letting you easily imitate basic guitar techniques (strumming, plucking, sliding, bending, muting, etc..), using standard MIDI keyboard and MIDI controllers, such as Pitch Bender, Modulation Wheel, Sustain Pedal, Aftertouch.
These technologies allow to closely emulate live guitar sound and techniques, letting you perform guitar parts with a whole new level of realistic expression. Furthermore they made it possible to get that special recognizable sound of a real 12-string guitar using samples taken from an ordinary 6 string guitar, as well as to achieve true Doubling (double track) effect.
RealGuitar 2L allows to use rhythm patterns from MIDI Pattern Library for easily creating guitar accompaniment tracks. All you have to do is to copy rhythm pattern to the needed number of measures, start your sequencer and use MIDI keyboard to play chord changes, or alternatively add chords to a MIDI track via sequencer’s editor.
MUSICLAB REALGUITAR 2L FEATURES
* Built-in Pattern Manager added letting you use RG Pattern Library in the whole new and convenient way (RealGuitar 2L version only)
* ‘Silent’ key switching implemented
* 4 keys (C1, C#1, D1, D#1) can now be used as Key Switches letting you assign and use up to 4 various guitar effects at a time
* Pedal Switch FX added allowing to switch on various guitar articulations/effects by pressing Sustain Pedal
* Bass Zone added – splits Main Zone into two parts for seperate use of various effects
* Mono Bend added – applies pitch bending only to the lowest of the simultaneously played notes allowing to emulate guitar specific single-string bending techniques: Unison Bend, Bend/Release combined with sustained note(s), etc…
* Hammer-On with automatic Pull-Off on key release added
* Legato Slide added – automatic slide (up and down) between two legato played notes